Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A letter to FTB regarding the Summer League  (Read 862 times)

Jolt

• View Profile
A letter to FTB regarding the Summer League
« on: September 20, 2015, 09:22:25 PM »
Dear From The Bench project/dev manager:

Good day!

First of all, congratulations on the Summer League. It was exciting in so many ways, and really got us playing hard. It was a very fresh concept since the weekly league and tournaments were becoming monotonous.

Personally, I am proud of what I did. I placed 8th and 13th on two of the most popular teams, LAL and GSW. Anyone who ranked A surely knows how hard and how much work was needed. And in general, everyone who participated played a lot more than what they did before the Summer league.  Casual players became serious players.

So when players did not get what they were promised, you can just imagine the frustration. Especially since the mods and devs are unusually silent.

We have been dealing with A LOT of bugs the past weeks. Players Value becoming zero, losing tournament games that we actually win, tournaments not starting, log in bugs, etc. The thing is, you released an update that made things WORSE. If I was in a restaurant, I would have said, "Can I talk to the manager please?" Because how can an improvement be released with all the bugs? Do you have a QA or testing department? And if I was the restaurant manager, I would have fired everyone responsible for this.

You had two months to prepare for the end of the summer league. Two months to check the codes. Obviously the ball was dropped again. Look at the number of complaints now. Do you have to manually add (or level up, since some did get their reward player at level 1)all the NBA players/legends for hundreds of GMs? Wow. White Mamba may have to work 24/7.

You see, this is not just any other fly-by-night games you find in the App Store or android market. This has the official NBA seal. The NBA. Wow. That is one of the biggest sports organization in HISTORY. And unlike NBA2k, this is not live action. Meaning, the target players are a bit older, possibly with jobs already. That means WE can spend real money for this if we wish. And when we do, we will demand a better product and a better customer service.

I, and the hundreds or thousands of GMs, asks you to please fix the bugs, especially the summer league prizes. And thoroughly test future updates. Don't make problems that weren't there before. Because that is a downgrade, not an update. Bear in mind that you are carrying the NBA seal of excellence.  That gives you worldwide appeal, attracting thousands of players everywhere in the world.

We have invested time and money on this. So we are not giving up and will continue to hope for a fixed current version and better future versions.

Thank you.

From your loyal NBA GMs

drenched27

• View Profile
Re: A letter to FTB regarding the Summer League
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 05:28:52 AM »
No response?  Wtf i myself experienced this. You really wont do anything with this?

Brino

• FTB Moderator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • From the Bench Games
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 01:53:55 PM »
No response?  Wtf i myself experienced this. You really wont do anything with this?

Hey @drenched27,
I'm actually just seeing this for the first time now.
I'm checking into this, even though it is from 2015.
-Brino
Brino
FTB Moderator
- Live Sports in First Person -

Brino

• FTB Moderator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • From the Bench Games
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 02:00:43 PM »
Hey @Jolt,

First of all, I want to apologize that nobody saw this message until now, and I actually thank @drenched27 for replying to the message, otherwise I wouldn't have seen the new message notification, besides the fact that it originally showed the last message was from 2015, and I wasn't in the NBA forum at that time.

I completely understand everything you mentioned in your message and I, too, feel that when someone spends money on a product that isn't working correctly, then something needs to be done.

In this case, there isn't much I can do now since this is from 2015, and I don't know exactly what happened at that point, but I do want you to know that we're continuously working to ensure that these kinds of issues don't happen again.

We do have a QA department and, while I can't confirm exactly what happened, I can assure you that many things have changed since then: we have different QA members, new developers, and we're constantly working to improve every aspect of both the game and our company structure to ensure that you (the users) can have the best experience possible.

Of course, every once in a while we experience a hiccup, but we want you to know that our goal is to fix those hiccups, get right back up and make sure it doesn't happen again.

If you have any additional questions or doubts, feel free to send me a private message, or whichever you prefer.

-Brino
Brino
FTB Moderator

drenched27

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 05:37:51 AM »
It already happened to me 3x. So i searched, and saw this. Im already a tenure to this game before changes were made. But not that active so i didnt mind if i dont get the 5m reward and the buffs. So i thought of searching because i played the christmas cheer event. Didnt get any reward. and i was pissed.   but anyways thanks for the response.  It means a lot when i know it wont happen again. Hopefully I wont encounter any problem again.

Brino

• FTB Moderator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • From the Bench Games
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 08:50:29 AM »
It already happened to me 3x. So i searched, and saw this. Im already a tenure to this game before changes were made. But not that active so i didnt mind if i dont get the 5m reward and the buffs. So i thought of searching because i played the christmas cheer event. Didnt get any reward. and i was pissed.   but anyways thanks for the response.  It means a lot when i know it wont happen again. Hopefully I wont encounter any problem again.

Hey @drenched27,
You're welcome, and again - I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience on behalf of the team.
If there's anything else I can do to help you out, just let me know.
-Brino
Brino
FTB Moderator

Jolt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 09:58:00 AM »
Yes, this is an old post, and i was akready a veteran in 2015, so you can just imagine how long i have played hahaha! White mamba has solved this. What i wrote about in private was the recent 4 day bug on server 3. Thanks for your help Brino.

Brino

• FTB Moderator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • From the Bench Games
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 04:25:46 PM »
Yes, this is an old post, and i was akready a veteran in 2015, so you can just imagine how long i have played hahaha! White mamba has solved this. What i wrote about in private was the recent 4 day bug on server 3. Thanks for your help Brino.

Thanks for the clarification ;) and you're welcome!
-Brino
Brino
FTB Moderator

From The Bench Games

You can contact our customer service here, remind to always enclose your account's details when submitting a request.