Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 123929 times)

wsucoug38

• View Profile
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2014, 01:52:50 PM »
Why didn't you guys mention this at all?  Terrible business model for long term but I'm sure you guys considered this when you made decision to make more cash now while killing your retention customers. I say this because I loved three of your products NBA, mlb and real football Nfl. Thought it was cool and slowly would fix the franchise with minor changes in scoring energy costs etc. thought the idea of rewarding owners for previous years was s cool way to reward top managers for yearly success and made being top tier desirable.  I liked your product, spent money and time beefing up my teams and was slowly getting friends and fans in network.  I was planning on small changes each year to lineup as players values and numbers change and players age. I was in no way ever aware of nor anticipating what you guys were planning all this time?   I know you have never clearly said you were wiping out teams year by year.  I bought shields thirty minutes before the 2015 version rolled. You took my cash for shields with zero warning about their thirty minute lifespan.   Only announcement was regarding summer season prizes.  Why post that.  Rather would a post to the effect that it's time to wrap up your entire franchise this week.  In five days we are deleting your profile?!!!!

I feel misled and taken advantage of.  How many people spent a few hundred bucks building their lineups.   And to make matters worse I got this game during the NBA finals:-(.    Had I known I was building team for a summer season only I surely would have waited.  Instead of maxed out six coaches, leveled out wilt, bird and was at 47 on magic, Robertson, love, Durant, james, cousins, drob, paul, Shaq and curry.). I was almost there and all of us know that was a substantial commitment made to FTB both in my time and money.  I had done same in mlb and was in process of nfl.  It's cool and I viewed as a longer term investment/game.  I never at one moment had even the slightest inclination that this game was a one year experiment for your company?  That it was a race to see who could drop the most money in game from now until the end of season.  And the person who did, regardless if they knew one thing about sports was going to be the winner.  And the final will be a five day tournament to determine the top dog.  And then the top dog gets a prize at the end after the long
road and hundreds of dollars?   fTB awards the winner a level 50 legend player!!   At time it was s great prize.  But now I know that that prize was worth ABSOLUataeLy NOTHING!!!!!

Anyhow I hope it works for you guys. The players who are staying onboard much have either tons of cash to throw away or they don't mind wasting their time building a game that gives them nothing in the end. 

And the reputation deal?   Very misleading.  Had it read the truth it would have said:

Hurry up and finalize your franchise before NBA season starts.  Because at start of season we are deleting your 2014 profile completely.  Any cash or shields unspent will be lost and without any return.  All your players, your head coach And your maxed out marketing director, they too are gone.  The 2015 version will reward previous top players with an above average roster.   You might keep up to 3 of the players not rewarded with 3?   I got Lillard, Hibbert and brandon Jennings.   The rest of my roster is already cut as all were worth below 200.  I got like 400 shields that couldn't even get me "the glove" Gary Payton.  Instead I bought Labron James at level 1.  Did I mention I had him already at level 47?   So your reputation says reward of shields?   It should say reward is that you'll lose your dream team.  fTB feels so bad that we will let you keep 1 of your former players but he will lose his levels. Also you'll lose your coach, your marketing lady and your 100 million, your shields you just bought and then we will give you a team of benchwarmers to hold you over until you insanely do this whole process over again. 

Ok oh well I'm just upset and disgusted and this is the least I can do to warn even 1 person about this insane experiment that frankly I question why NBA would associate with.

All I want to know why I quietly delete my profile is?

What benefit does wiping out previous team give to comsumers?   I totally understand FTB's reason but what was the reasoning of this action?   I think we atleast deserve to know what the motivation was besides making FTB money?   If you have no reason then it supports my obvious concern about FTB's blatant attempt to conceal their master plan for fear of customers not playing knowing the true outcome.

Good luck but please explain the reasoning here or show me where this outcome was defined or made Clear pleaese. 

RicMon

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2014, 02:37:39 PM »
Prize for more than 300 fans
NBA GM 2017: 1xUXKP3qon
NBA Flip ID: 1.02.001-7:9669
Flip Football ID: 1.2.9:113742

ftb2015

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2014, 03:30:50 PM »
There should be a way for non cash players to obtain more coins. It is kind of a joke if you don't fork over real money for this game. It will take weeks before you can even buy the one legend otherwise. Maybe if you play 24/7 it might be possible to earn more sooner, but this game is way too imbalanced otherwise.

sammy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2014, 04:05:56 PM »
When players are introduced to free agency, make it so they arent counting down from an hour or more, but maybe just 30 mins instead, just a waste of time
add me - UkL1XUxD

Mesk746

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2014, 04:23:22 PM »
When players are introduced to free agency, make it so they arent counting down from an hour or more, but maybe just 30 mins instead, just a waste of time

Hafto fully agree with you here. Waiting and waiting and waiting to bid for the player we want...

NBA 15 - ANDHUEGN | TI3FBEQK | 7SBVBPUO | 24rLX2a6 |

GQuerubin

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2014, 06:21:18 PM »
1) Allow trades. I think it would really help friends out with their teams. (But have a meter to make trades fair)
2) Allow tweeners. Players can play multiple positions in real life, why not here, right?
3) I actually agree with the post about getting compensations for released players, so do that too!

HQXAMg8n

• HQXAMg8n
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2014, 06:06:47 PM »
Tournament with more difficult with more recompense because in 2014 i finish all the tournament
HQXAMg8n

shabbit

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2014, 06:59:04 PM »
11/14/14 - So now initial newbie impressions are out of the way, I'll start a new post tomorrow. Even in these 3 days, a lot has changes - much for the better. I'm still worried about 2 things. I'm worried that free players are being priced out, since a competitive free player helps the paid market too, and there needs to be some device that lets free players get a premium player quickly, so that new players stay with the game. Secondly, the updates have almost all been good, but I would like a weekly dialogue from the developers to us about updates, changes, etc. The Q&A is a great tool, but those are quick snippets. A 20 minute hype-post like there was for the start of the League is a great community thing to have, and makes the player-customers feel valued.
11/17/14 - Things have been buggy as hell since the last update, so we'll wait for this snafu to pass before breaking things down. But hey, some user compensation with a few coins would do a lot on the PR front for cheap!

I just started the game yesterday (11/09/14), so this will be a running dialogue and review of my impressions as I explore the game. I will go back and fix or edit previous comments, with changes clearly marked, if necessary.

• As a fan of freemium games, I've been looking for a solid app to download as a phase out some of the older ones. I'm not afraid of putting in money if the game is right, but I am also very cognizant that the backbone of freemium games are the free players who build up the community. Zynga-ish tactics like Facebook requests, a lack of transparency or customer service, and a lack of updates just don't fly anymore - these red flags show an outdated business model with a small or unmotivated team that does not believe in their product.
  • That said, From the Bench (FTB) looks like it has a solid repertoire of experience with these games. I'm sure that FTB received a NBA licensing agreement based on that strong resume, and from personal experience, these licensing agreements are not easy to get.
  • It is concerning though what happened between the 2014 and 2015 versions of the game. From what I've seen on the boards, those who invested in the 2014 version spent all summer on that game, only to be ambushed with a new version in the season. While this may be common practice for sports games (in fact, it may be required by the business model), this harks back to the lack of transparency issue raised before.

With that out of the way, here's to the specific suggestions:
  • 11/10/14 - Improved help explanations regarding PvP. I see the bank. I intuitively grasp that it's to protect my money from PvP, but I don't know when players can take my money, how to take other players' money, where the shields are displayed, etc. PvP is a fun part of the game. Going in blind isn't.
  • A better list of achievements. I can only see one goal at a time under the team info. Since there are overlapping goals, why not give me a way to look at them all so I know what I'm shooting for?
  • Auctioning/bids tutorial. This might not be necessary, but coins and cash are dear in the beginning and you don't want to turn off new players to such an integral part of the game. It would have been nice to know that the amount listed is what you're bidding, and you don't get free reign to put in a bid amount so it might be smart to wait on a bid so you don't waste coins.
  • Whoops, just found the other red flag I found earlier. Upon getting through one tournament, I need to ask facebook friends or use coins to get to the next content? This sort of tactic doesn't work anymore. Fake facebook profiles don't help the company's bottom line, advertisers are learning not to trust such numbers, and these turn off potential players and payers alike. And for the coin option, even if it is a completely reasonable amount, I do not want to pay to access content as a principle, I pay to have cooler goodies (players) or end wait times (energy).
      11/11/14 - response to t12igger - True, I do like giving freemium players a way to get energy, boosts, and such. I just wish there were a way that didn't require spamming your friends (or yourself) - it gets old quickly, it's bad press, and for the max/min players, it feels necessary. I ended up paying 30 coins to unlock; the amount is negligible, but it did grind my gears to do so. Then again, this may be what the company wants - a little bit of unsatisfaction may be okay so long as customers pay. I'm more of a long-term build up your customer base guy, but the shelf-life of an app is much shorter than the industries I'm in. That said, I still think it benefits app companies to build up your customer base if you want cross-play or continued play through the years, especially in light of the PR fiasco from the 2014 to 2015 transfer.
      11/12/14 - My suggestion continues to be do away with facebook requesting. It's buggy, provides minimal benefits to the company, antiquated, and a hassle.
  • I don't believe trading works in most freemium games - it's open to abuse, adds stress to the servers, and while players love the idea in theory, it destroys the endgame because players are able to get the ideal team too quickly. That being said, transfers and trades are arguably one of the most exciting parts of sports, especially GM simulators. It may take a more creative mind than mine to get something together though that doesn't break the fun.
  • Flex positions is a common (and good) suggestion here. I'd like a way to train up that extra flexibility rather than just having it given it to me though.
  • 11/11/14 - I appreciate the new addition where you confirm if you need to have a line-up change since I kept forgetting to click save. My suggestion would to make line-up changes automatic because the confirmation is unnecessary. There should be no need to actively save changes when the act of switching out players is so deliberate already.
  • 11/12/14 - I reached the third tournament level today. As expected, the gold price went up from 30 to 40 to skip, while the friends stayed the same. I don't mind the incremental gold increase, if you're going to stick with your guns on that model - that's expected for higher tier content, so long as it's not prohibitive for real content. The minor increase in cost and same # required for facebook friends, while it doesn't do away with my previous concerns, is fine.
  • I like the constant news updates and the way they tie in legends. As a NBA history buff, it's a nice way of tying in the past and the present. The scroll bar at the top, however, should scroll slowly or have a direct link as the small size and quick scroll don't work. Also, the ordering of the news pop up page is not optimal - I have to scroll down to read today's updates.
  • Auction discounts for your first 2 purchases. Just from my two days in playing, it looks like inflation has shot up player costs by 100-200%. While cash players like me will still be fine, I don't want to price out new players, the blood and life of a new app, who won't be able to get that initial rush of owning a solid-premium new player. And these advantages snowball too - having better players doing jobs will get you more money, which lets you jack up auction prices up, and so on and so forth.
  • 11/13/2014 - Accept all fans with one click. I'm not sure what use the fan mechanic is. It makes it practically a necessity to come to this forum (which is overshadowed by the better direct message update we received today), but then it makes it a hassle to work to accept fans. It's not the worst quest mechanic, and the reward of $100k is definitely worth the hassle. It's just unnecessarily rough as a forum invite and a player reward when there are better tools available to do so. Still, having these fans may make for more interesting game play mechanics later on.
  • Do away with forced coin objectives. Players aren't dumb. They know that it's a way to force them to purchase more. When you ask players to buy 6 boosts, have 5 boosts available for cash and 5 boosts for coins, you're forcing the players to buy coins. Again, this is a way to anger your fan base for short term profits. A better business model would be to subtly encourage spending the coins, rather than using such ham-handed models. To encourage players buying boosts though, I'd have coin boosts be much stronger than regular cash ones (and have a supply of only 40-50 to emphasize it's special one-off nature). Coins are dear, and if you're going to use them, you should be rewarded.
[/list]
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 11:22:13 PM by shabbit »
NBA 2015: 8yonub6M

RicMon

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2014, 07:06:14 PM »
exact number of fans request instead of 9 for 10 or plus
NBA GM 2017: 1xUXKP3qon
NBA Flip ID: 1.02.001-7:9669
Flip Football ID: 1.2.9:113742

Uni Brow

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2014, 02:34:05 AM »
It would be Great if "Challenge/Game History is available" just like on NBA 2014

t12igger

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2014, 02:40:16 AM »
I just started the game yesterday, so this will be a running dialogue and review of my impressions as I explore the game. I will go back and fix or edit previous comments, with changes clearly marked, if necessary.

• As a fan of freemium games, I've been looking for a solid app to download as a phase out some of the older ones. I'm not afraid of putting in money if the game is right, but I am also very cognizant that the backbone of freemium games are the free players who build up the community. Zynga-ish tactics like Facebook requests, a lack of transparency or customer service, and a lack of updates just don't fly anymore - these red flags show an outdated business model with a small or unmotivated team that does not believe in their product.
  • That said, From the Bench (FTB) looks like it has a solid repertoire of experience with these games. I'm sure that FTB received a NBA licensing agreement based on that strong resume, and from personal experience, these licensing agreements are not easy to get.
  • It is concerning though what happened between the 2014 and 2015 versions of the game. From what I've seen on the boards, those who invested in the 2014 version spent all summer on that game, only to be ambushed with a new version in the season. While this may be common practice for sports games (in fact, it may be required by the business model), this harks back to the lack of transparency issue raised before.

With that out of the way, here's to the specific suggestions:
  • 11/10/14 - Improved help explanations regarding PvP. I see the bank. I intuitively grasp that it's to protect my money from PvP, but I don't know when players can take my money, how to take other players' money, where the shields are displayed, etc. PvP is a fun part of the game. Going in blind isn't.
  • A better list of achievements. I can only see one goal at a time under the team info. Since there are overlapping goals, why not give me a way to look at them all so I know what I'm shooting for?
  • Auctioning/bids tutorial. This might not be necessary, but coins and cash are dear in the beginning and you don't want to turn off new players to such an integral part of the game. It would have been nice to know that the amount listed is what you're bidding, and you don't get free reign to put in a bid amount so it might be smart to wait on a bid so you don't waste coins.
  • Whoops, just found the other red flag I found earlier. Upon getting through one tournament, I need to ask facebook friends or use coins to get to the next content? This sort of tactic doesn't work anymore. Fake facebook profiles don't help the company's bottom line, advertisers are learning not to trust such numbers, and these turn off potential players and payers alike. And for the coin option, even if it is a completely reasonable amount, I do not want to pay to access content as a principle, I pay to have cooler goodies (players) or end wait times (energy).
  • I don't believe trading works in most freemium games - it's open to abuse, adds stress to the servers, and while players love the idea in theory, it destroys the endgame because players are able to get the ideal team too quickly. That being said, transfers and trades are arguably one of the most exciting parts of sports, especially GM simulators. It may take a more creative mind than mine to get something together though that doesn't break the fun.
  • Flex positions is a common (and good) suggestion here. I'd like a way to train up that extra flexibility rather than just having it given it to me though.

Last edit - Clarification to point 4.
These are all great suggestions! One thing about the 4th one though. I do agree with the point that fake facebook profiles do not help with the company's bottom line. However there have been some perks on the user side with their facebook system in general. For an example, for those who don't want to spend coins to recharge their energy, they have the option of asking friends for energy. Every response to the requests gives 5 energy, which beats 1 energy per minute for sure. It's still waiting, but it improves the wait time significantly. Another thing is increasing booster counts. Same method, also helps! To get 3 responses to unlock the next set of tournaments really isn't a big deal. I think the good outweighs the bad, at least to a user stand point.
NBA GENERAL MANAGER 15: HzdvTwxu
FOOTBALL FRANCHISE 2015: 1xKNQGdgoJ

Magicaleagle

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2014, 02:41:27 AM »
I suggest that the devs read the suggestions in this suggestion thread.
NBA GM 2015 ThjBemgJ

NBA GM 2014 1ajmahRz

goldenboy99

• +1 me if i've helped you ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2014, 03:34:50 AM »
I suggest that the devs read the suggestions in this suggestion thread.

+16 :)
NBA GM 2014: 72mk2xz2
NBA GM 2015: G6AywP4a
Team I Support: Miami Heat
Favourite Player: LeBron

t12igger

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2014, 06:19:27 AM »
How about also having an option where we can disable the use of boosters for a certain period of time. Sometimes we might not want to use it or save it for harder portions of the tourneys. Just a quick disable/enable feature  :)
NBA GENERAL MANAGER 15: HzdvTwxu
FOOTBALL FRANCHISE 2015: 1xKNQGdgoJ

allemalle42

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2014, 09:49:23 AM »
When it will be available on Turkey? It is not fair I guess. You are giving head start to others and after that you are expecting from us to challange with them.
NBA GM 2015 Fan Code: 9zCvdywk

From The Bench Games

You can contact our customer service here, remind to always enclose your account's details when submitting a request.