Author Topic: NEW FORUM || Coming soon...  (Read 515 times)

Brino

• FTB Moderator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • From the Bench Games
NEW FORUM || Coming soon...
« on: November 30, 2017, 04:17:05 pm »
Hey everybody,

I have some GREAT news about the new forum. We're going to open it on Thursday, February 1st, and starting that day, this forum will be "Read Only".

At the beginning, it will look like a brand new forum without the previous pages in the forum, but over time we will be transferring the data from this forum into the new one. That way everything will be there again.

The good thing about the new forum is that we're bringing it closer to our Support platform, Zendesk, where we handle all of our support messages sent to us from within the game, or through our current Help Center, where we will be opening the new forum on Thursday, February 1st. In doing this, we will be able to easily open a support ticket if your cases require the attention of our development team, for example, which is something we could not do here.

The downside is that we will be unable to transfer the user accounts from the current forum, so it will be necessary to create a new account on our Zendesk platform. It's really quick and easy, so it won't be too much work, however, if you do wish to maintain the same login information from this current forum, when you create the new account in Zendesk, please just send us your new User Name and the one from this forum and we'll help you with that.

If you already have a Zendesk account from submitting a support request, you don't need to do anything else, just go to the new URL (below) when the new forum is activated.

If you do not have an account on Zendesk, you can create one here:
https://fromthebench.zendesk.com

When the new forum is activated, the new URL will be:
https://fromthebench.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

If you have any further questions, please just let me know,

-Brino

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everybody,

We wanted to have the new forum ready for you on January 1st, but our technical team has run into a few issues. First of all, I want you to know that we're trying to ensure that we don't lose any of the data in the current forum, which will make it easier so that you won't have to create new accounts in the new forum.

As we were preparing to open the new forum, we noticed that some of the data transfers weren't working properly, which wasn't something we were too happy about, so we had to postpone the start of the new forum.

Our technical team is doing everything possible to find a solution, and as soon as we have it, I'll let you guys know when to expect the new forum. I apologize for the confusion.

-Brino
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 04:44:21 pm by Brino »
Brino
FTB Moderator
- Live Sports in First Person -

Brino

• FTB Moderator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • From the Bench Games
Re: NEW FORUM || Coming soon...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 07:58:56 am »
Hey everybody,

I have some GREAT news about the new forum. We're going to open it on Thursday, February 1st, and starting that day, this forum will be "Read Only".

At the beginning, it will look like a brand new forum without the previous pages in the forum, but over time we will be transferring the data from this forum into the new one. That way everything will be there again.

The good thing about the new forum is that we're bringing it closer to our Support platform, Zendesk, where we handle all of our support messages sent to us from within the game, or through our current Help Center, where we will be opening the new forum on Thursday, February 1st. In doing this, we will be able to easily open a support ticket if your cases require the attention of our development team, for example, which is something we could not do here.

The downside is that we will be unable to transfer the user accounts from the current forum, so it will be necessary to create a new account on our Zendesk platform. It's really quick and easy, so it won't be too much work, however, if you do wish to maintain the same login information from this current forum, when you create the new account in Zendesk, please just send us your new User Name and the one from this forum and we'll help you with that.

If you already have a Zendesk account from submitting a support request, you don't need to do anything else, just go to the new URL (below) when the new forum is activated.

If you do not have an account on Zendesk, you can create one here:
https://fromthebench.zendesk.com

When the new forum is activated, the new URL will be:
https://fromthebench.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

If you have any further questions, please just let me know,

-Brino
Brino
FTB Moderator
- Live Sports in First Person -